Are you aware of how bad falling birthrates are in some developing countries? If not, here are some quick facts gleaned from my favorite news podcast, The Briefing by Al Mohler:
- In San Francisco, dogs outnumber children!
- Every 100 seconds, there is one less child in Japan. Incidentally, a diaper company in Japan reports that sales of its adult nappies had ‘slightly surpassed’ those for babies for the first time.
- Due to the one-child policy in China, adult diapers are going to become a very important market in China.
If you have never listened to The Briefing, I hope this quick snapshot of some of the things Mohler covers has convinced you to try it out.
- Japanese retailers gear up for $1.4 bn. elderly market (tokyotimes.co.jp)
- Al Mohler – The News from a Christian Worldview (joshchalmers.wordpress.com)