Daniel Gulati has written a great blog post called “Multitasking’s Real Victims.” He makes a good case for the fact that multitasking hurts your family, friends, and coworkers.
How can we stand up against anti-social antics? Here’s Gulati’s three tips (read his full article for expansion of each point):
- Call out the multitasker mid-task.
- Find a new time to meet.
- Physically disengage (do something like leaving the room).
Do you have any strategies for standing up against multitaskers?
- Is Multitasking a Symptom of Arousal Addiction? (joshchalmers.wordpress.com)
- Challenge of the Week: Singletasking (katealamode.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Multitask – Write or Die Instead (joshchalmers.wordpress.com)