As a new customer, there are three ways to open an account with President’s Choice. If you have checks from your old bank, and you aren’t in a rush to open your account skip to step three. If you don’t have checks from your old bank, you are probably best to try step 1 or 2.
- In person at a pavilion in a Superstore: this is the easiest great option if you can find a pavilion where there is a customer service person ready to help you. This is not always as easy as it sounds. You need a big Superstore like Calgary or Saskatoon (Moose Jaw’s is too small). The advantage is that you can have your account set up in a few minutes. Be sure to take two pieces of ID (one of which is government issued photo ID) and a check from your old bank or some money to make your first deposit.
- Apply by Phone: “call us toll-free at 1-888-872-4724 (7:00 a.m. to midnight local time), 7 days a week. Depending on which products you apply for, your account can be opened in as little time as 1 week.” This method is faster than doing it online, but you might have to wait on hold etc.
- Apply online: “by filling out a simple and convenient application form. Depending on which products you apply for, your application should take 2-3 weeks to process. The processing time includes verification of your identification and financial information.” You have two ways to verify your identity with this option:
- Wait to receive your welcome kit in the mail, then just follow the instructions provided in the kit to fill out and send President’s Choice a personal preprinted cheque from your account at another Canadian financial institution.
- You can go to a pavilion to identify yourself. wait 1 full business day after submitting the application, then show 2 pieces of identification at a pavilion near you (we recommend that at least one is government-issued photo ID).
That’s it, enjoy free banking.